iPad directory format

gwendalwood at cox.net gwendalwood at cox.net
Thu Jul 28 17:37:30 EDT 2011

On a previous post, I wrote:
I have an app that on the Mac, opens, read the files in a folder called "Songs"
and put the names of the files into a field. When the user clicks on the name in
the listfield, the player plays that song. Works great!
However,
......when I compile and run on the iPad, nothing I can find allows me to add
those songs to the iPad using iTunes or whatever and then find those songs on
the iPad. I assumed that adding songs to the Music folder in iTunes would put
the song files into a folder called Music and then I could list the files in
that folder and put them into the fld in my application and play them.
Nothing I do works. I have tried writing a text file, and that is successful.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

John responded with a sample stack that works in the Simulator, but not in the iPad. The method was to copy the files sent via the Copy files panel in the standalone setup from the engine folder to the documents folder. As I said, this works for the Simulator, but not for the standalone.

Anyone else have another solution?
Thanks,
George Wood
gwendalwood at cox.net