AW: OT: I want to buy Lion

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Thu Jul 28 12:13:23 EDT 2011

At the risk of getting flamed by some as an Apple lover, I think that may be harsh. Remember one of Microsoft's excuses for not producing a really modern OS for so long was that they had to maintain backwards compatibility for all their users. At some point this becomes a ball and chain for the vendor. Everyone gets less so that some won't be left behind. To a point that is all well and good. Beyond that point, I say leave them behind. What they have works for them. No one is taking anything away from people who do not upgrade. The situation is rather, if you want to upgrade, you will have to pay. Is that unfair?

Bob