[OT] More Apple Foolishness

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Thu Jul 28 10:37:54 EDT 2011

Ever since the little license fiasco that Apple hit developers a while ago,
I the urge to leave the platform. I trust Steve Jobs to do what he thinks is
best for Apple and Apple-only customers. I don't trust cross-platform
software has a place in his plan. I have six macintosh computers, one iPad
and one iPhone. I am slowly moving back to linux, the only thing that
prevents me from moving everything to linux at this time is that I invested
too much in apps that are only available for Mac OS X, so on the Desktop, I
will migrate slowly as I find replacements.

Now, about iOS, I will not repeat anything said before because we all heard
all the opinions. I am now using an Android Nexus S and a Palm Pre 2 as my
main phone (I alternate between them because I simply can't choose). The
WebOS phone has the best usability and features, the Nexus S is more
powerful and I can code in LC for it... so I use one phone for a week, then
the other one for a while... both are synchronized to the same Google
Accounts so I have the same contacts and emails. All over the air... The
thing is, I'd rather use 2009 Palm Pre2 that has no LiveCode support than go
back to iOS. I feel that iOS is a consumer platform, like a microwave oven,
it does one simple thing, if you try to do something else, you end up with a
burned appliance.

Chipp, there are lots of Android phones out there in different levels of
crappiness (<-- I invented this word). If you decide to get one, I recommend
the Nexus S because that is the Google Vanilla phone, no vendor stuff, just
plain android with no customizations, it is better than the stuff that HTC
and Motorola are shipping.

(as a joke we can all wait for MeeGo)