OT: I want to buy Lion

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Wed Jul 27 13:11:33 EDT 2011

Probably I should address this to the apple support, but I know here are a
lot of kind guys, willing to help also OT much faster as apple.

Today I wanted to buy lion to make a dual boot install on my mac, because I
had first customer calls telling me about trouble with my program on lion.

Because of a slow internet connection I went to the next computer shop and
heard them telling that lion won't be available on CD, only download. Ok I
returned home, heading several nights of download, opened apple.com, opened
the lion announcement and it pointed me first to itunes and then to the
macappstore, which couldn't be opened by my safari. Safari tells me that it
can't open pages, beginning with "macappstore://". So I begun to read and
learned that snow leopard is a requirement to open the macappstore and so to
buy lion!??? (I still have leopard on my mac and didn't wanted to upgrade)
Trying to buy lion in a non apple online shop, they tell me I have to buy it
at apple.

Never using my mac, beside of testing my programs, the restrictive apple
world is still a big secret for me, even after years. Can anybody shed some
light on how I can buy a full version of lion (to create a dual boot)
without this silly macappstore? Or do I really have to go again to a
computer shop to buy snow leopard, install it to get ready for buying lion?
I think I will never love apple.

Thanks for any hints

Tiemo