iPad file format

gwendalwood at cox.net gwendalwood at cox.net
Tue Jul 26 20:01:08 EDT 2011

I have an app that on the Mac, opens, read the files in a folder called "Songs" and put the names of the files into a field. When the user clicks on the name in the listfield, the player plays that song. Works great!
However,
......when I compile and run on the iPad, nothing I can find allows me to add those songs to the iPad using iTunes or whatever and then find those songs on the iPad. I assumed that adding songs to the Music folder in iTunes would put the song files into a folder called Music and then I could list the files in that folder and put them into the fld in my application and play them.
Nothing I do works. I have tried writing a text file, and that is successful.
Any suggestions?
Thanks