No subject

gwendalwood at cox.net gwendalwood at cox.net
Sun Jul 24 22:35:24 EDT 2011

I did figure out how to get to writing and reading files on ios, but on my
second app it does not work. I still can't figure out how to print from inside
ios on the iPad 2. I think maybe it can't be done yet.
I forgot to tell you my results. I get nothing in the variable it or the variable results
Following is my code snippets for files:
**************
--write
  getPathsFromFile
   put specialfolderpath("documents") into temppath
   set defaultfolder to temppath
   put temppath&"/Defaults" into newtempath
   set defaultfolder to newtempath
   put the hilitedlines of cd fld "GroupThemeTitles" into grpCount
   put "StudentsGroup"&grpCount into temp1
   open file temp1 for write
   write cd fld "Students"  to file temp1
   close file temp1

-- read
   put specialfolderpath("documents") into temppath
         set defaultfolder to temppath
      put temppath&"/Defaults" into newtempath
      set defaultfolder to newtempath
   put the hilitedlines of me into newgroup
   put "StudentsGroup"&newgroup into temp1
   open file temp1 for read
      read from file temp1  until eof
      put it  into cd fld "Students"
      put the number of lines in it into studentcount
   close file temp1