Writing to and from a binary file?

Keith (Gulf Breeze Ortho Lab) keith at gulfbreezeortholab.com
Fri Jul 22 17:59:12 EDT 2011

Hello All,

I am new to LiveCode and am continuing to explore the language.

Quick question... Is it possible to write to and from a binary file utilizing LiveCode? For example, is it possible to take a graphic file (for example) and split it into several unequal parts, and then put the parts back together again into a single file? I have used another programming package to accomplish such.

FYI: Reading in the Dictionary, I came across the byte and binfile entries. Can these be used to accomplish what I am looking for? If so, then are there any good examples out there?

Thanks, and any help is most appreciated!

Cheers from Florida!

Keith "Boo" L.