OT: It's Android Jim, but not as we know it (what CPUs does Livecode compile to?)

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 01:43:15 EDT 2011

Thanks Roger, that sounds like the first hurdle will be overcome.  As
a machine that I might carry with me to run admin/monitoring apps
written in Livecode, the Transformer is looking better.  I've never
tried to see how much could be done within the scriptLimits but
provided I don't look on it as being a main development machine, then
it may be workable ( I have no need to create standalones on it).  I
too have no real expectation that Runrev would provide an IDE that
runs on Android/ARM - not unless such Android tablets/netbooks sweep
the world :)  Until this week I had pretty much no interest in
developing for iOS/Android.

Do you have a Livecode app in the Android Marketplace I could use to
test on it? If not, I'll take Jacques up on her kind offer offlist.

Also, can one install a Livecode app on a machine without going
through the hassle of listing it in the Marketplace?  Can they be
installed e.g. by downloading them from a URL?

Looks like Runrev are going to be getting me to upgrade my license once again.

Bernard