Moving a folder

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Thu Jul 21 22:08:19 EDT 2011

Never done it, but I imagine you could shell out to check the permissions of where you are moving to. I don't know if there is a shell command to check effective permissions of the current user. If there are, do that. Barring that, a safer way would be to copy the files, check to make sure there were no errors, if there are bail, if there are not then delete the original.

Bob