OT: It's Android Jim, but not as we know it (what CPUs does Livecode compile to?)

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Thu Jul 21 21:39:39 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 8:46 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> On 7/21/11 6:02 PM, Bernard Devlin wrote:
>
>  If someone provides me with an identifiable free app from the Android
>> Marketplace which was coded in Livecode, then I can go back to the
>> store and see if I can find, install and run it.
>>

> I'm not sure there are any yet. Someone asked on the forums and last I
> looked there were no responses. I'd be happy to compile the Hello World
> example for you to test. If you're game for that, drop me an email offlist
> and we can figure out logistics.
>
> --

My Android tablet has the nVidia Tegra2 dual-core CPU (which is ARM based),
and my LiveCode apps are working great, as are many apps I have installed
from the Android Market.

Earlier, Bernard wrote:
   > I guess I'm really hoping for too much to think that Livecode could run
on a Tegra
   > (I know the Linux IDE is only compiled for intel).

I seriously doubt that RunRev intends for the IDE to run on mobile, if that
is your intent for getting the Asus Transformer.  As an Android testing
device, it should be fine.

˜Roger