Lion problem report and fix

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jul 21 18:22:43 EDT 2011

Marty Knapp wrote:
> Interestingly, the user's Library folder, and thus the Application
> Support folder is invisible on my Lion install. I can write to it OK,
> though (only tested as admin).

This sort of thing was touched in in the WWDC keynote.  In short, Steve
believes file systems are confusing to users, so Apple is removing
end-user access to anything they don't really need.

If you prowl around in Terminal you'll find there are a lot of folders
that have been hidden for years.  Lion just adds more.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World