OT: It's Android Jim, but not as we know it (what CPUs does Livecode compile to?)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jul 21 17:36:24 EDT 2011

On 7/21/11 4:13 PM, Bernard Devlin wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> This is a question for those of you who have sallied forth into the
> world of Android development (or, who have at least considered it).
>
> When Livecode creates an app for Android deployment, what CPU
> architecture does Livecode compile for?
>
> My reason for asking is that I like the look of the Asus Transformer.
> It is an Android tablet that docks into a keyboard.  But the processor
> is the Tegra.  I'm guessing that Livecode will not be compiling apps
> for such an unusual processor.

I don't know. But if the device can download and run apps from the
Android market then it should be able to run anything LiveCode compiles.
As I understand it, the processor is immaterial, it's the OS that
counts. If the processor runs a standard Android distribution then it
should run LiveCode-compiled Android apps.

Maybe the first thing to find out is if it can run standard Market apps.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com