Countdown HH:MM:SS

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Wed Jul 20 20:54:39 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 6:20 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> Recently, Nonsanity wrote:
>
> > I wouldn't rely on the send in time structure to actually fire every
> second.
> > It's going to slip over time as the computer takes periodic spikes of
> use.
> > If you want New Years Eve accuracy of the final countdown, you should
> > probably re-calculate the delta based on the current time continuously.
>
> Agreed.  A few years back, Geoff Canyon came up with the following which
> has
> been reliable for me:
>
>  send "someMsg" to someObj in (1 - (the long seconds mod 1)) seconds
>
> Regards,
>
> Scott Rossi
> Creative Director
> Tactile Media, UX Design

The variety of flavors in script methods to achieve a countdown timer are
obviously many.  The first place I looked for such was in revOnline (user
samples).  Would those of you in this thread that contributed a version of a
solution (Ken, Chris, James, others) be ok with me compiling these into a
stack and posting it there?  Of course credits would be given to each
scriptor for their contribution.  I'm thinking this would be useful to both
new and seasoned devs.  Thanks guys!

˜Roger