ANN: LiveCodeErrors for iPhone

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Wed Jul 20 11:56:32 EDT 2011

I've followed this thread with some interest as it is something I intended
to purchase once my vacation here in Florida is done.

What amazes, no, horrifies me is the pure vitriol and outright personal
nastiness that has greeted this nice product.

Sure, the rest of you Titans could figure out this stuff pretty easily.
Every time I get one of those things I just throw up my hands and give up.
Because I have neither the time nor the inclination to go looking 4,000
different places to find out why something doesn't work/what's the way to
make it work/ is it a bucket, a mop, a lesson, a tutorial, a blog posting,
something mentioned in passing somewhere in 10+ years of use-list
postings, on the forums that are always asking for some other password I
can never remember, etc. etc. etc.  It's not taking advantage of people's
naivete to put arcane stuff together in once place for a reasonable price.
It's what's called a SERVICE.

Why not just tell all the beginners/non-programmers to blow off and go use
HyperStudio?  IS THAT WHAT YOU ALL REALLY WANT?  Because that's what
you're doing.

You don't need it?  Don't buy it.  All kinds of people don't need Scott
Rossi's stuff either or any number of other people who sell stuff to the
community, but nobody ever craps all over those people.

All of you people doing the complaining -- how many sessions have YOU done
for Livecode.tv?  I'm betting zero.  How many have you organized?  How
many have you troubleshot? Zero and zero.

How surprising.

:-(

Judy