Approved :) - iOS App upgrade from just iPhone to both iPhone and iPad

Andy Henshaw henshaw at me.com
Wed Jul 13 07:17:38 EDT 2011

Just got the email from Apple to say the update to my Livecode app 'Tracker2Go' has been approved.

I wouldn't normally post this,  but I thought I would as its the first I've seen where the original '1.0' app was just for iPhone,  and the '1.1' version is for iPhone and iPad.

Beyond the changes in Livecode to include the iPad (i.e. create new high resolution iPad screens and link the code etc,   then compile to include the iPad),  as far as the submission went it was all very simple.   I just created a new version,  uploaded iPad screenshots to that version then uploaded the binary to Apple.

Once approved it just popped into the iTunes store in both the iPad and iPhone section,  so it is possible to work for one platform,  then upgrade the app so it works on both.

Since release Ive found a few bugs, so 1.1.1 is already 'waiting for review' and I'm sure 1.1.2 will follow shortly after that!

Andy