Resizing the objects in a group

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jul 13 00:35:26 EDT 2011

On 7/12/11 11:11 PM, Pete wrote:
> It seems that this problem is not restricted to when there is just one
> control in a group.  If I create a group with any number of controls in it
> then try to resize one of the controls, the group does not expand to
> accommodate the new control size.  Moving a control resizes the
> group, resizing it does not.  If I change the size of a control in the group
> by script, the group does expand accordingly.
>
> The lockLocation property of the group is false.  Is there some other
> property of the group I need to set/unset to allow resizing of a control?  I
> fnot, I plan to report this as a bug.

I'm not sure whether it's a bug or not, but the behavior has been there
since the engine was MetaCard. It may be partly a byproduct of the
boundingrect property. I've gotten so used to it I don't even think
about it any more; if I want a group to expand to fit the objects, I
just click twice on Edit Group in the toolbar. That pops me in and out
of edit mode quickly, and when coming back out of edit mode, the group
adjusts to fit the objects. Any kind of redraw will do the same thing,
like going to the next card and back.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com