C programmer wanted to help with (Windows) LiveCode project

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Tue Jul 12 12:19:32 EDT 2011

Folks, I want to get my current LC project to read images from PDF files - this is a small subset of the functionality of most PDF readers and library components on sale today. As my current project is for Windows customers, I am content for now with a Windows-only solution (although I would love it if LC could natively read more image formats, including both PDF and TIFF, on all supported platforms).

After a lot of discussion with RunRev and others, it seems the short-term solution particularly in the absence of an up-do-date externals interface, is to link an appropriate DLL to the LiveCode engine with some C code 'glue'. I believe I have a good candidate for the DLL, but as I know very little about C programming, I would like to pay a professional (OK, or a gifted amateur) to do the gluing. If anyone on this list would like to help or has an appropriate contact, please write to me off-list.

TIA

Graham