how to make answer and ask work in revweb?

Kee Nethery kee at kagi.com
Mon Jul 11 20:28:09 EDT 2011

On Jul 11, 2011, at 12:39 PM, Mark Schonewille wrote:

> Hi Kee,
>
> There is a focus problem that either doesn't let you type text in the dialog or doesn't let you use the browser after the dialog disappears.

yep

> I think that the best way to do this is by making a group with a custom dialog. Simply show and hide the group and grab the info you need from that group.

I thought so too except that I had ask and answer in code that waits for the answer and then continues with the results obtained.

For example, click on a line in a table, ask what should happen, and then do it to that line of data in that table. Kinda difficult to simulate that with a group without a bunch of message passing and such and breaking up the code in strange ways. But it will have to be done.

> Btw, although I have a license for it, I don't use the revweb plugin stuff anymore because it is 32 bit only, which is quite deprecated by now. All companies that ask me to do web stuff have 64 bit machines (except for schools and universities, which won't install the plugin anyway).

I am lucky in that the target audience is 32bit.

Thanks, Kee