Using groups as custom dialogs: a solution for Mac, PC and iOS

Dick Kriesel dick.kriesel at mail.com
Sat Jul 9 15:08:19 EDT 2011

On Jul 9, 2011, at 7:57 AM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> Hmmm. Not sure that works.

Hi, Chipp.  I was thinking your code fragment had come from a *command*.  If it had, then I think my code fragment would've been equivalent to yours.

In a *function*, you could do it like this:

send "initMe" && char offset("(", the params)+1 to -2 of the params to tObj

That's longer than Ken's regex, but may be easier to read (except for a regex wizard like Ken) and quicker to execute too (due to avoiding regex execution overhead).

-- Dick