defining and using globals in an application

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Fri Jul 8 17:45:57 EDT 2011

You should write a Livecode article on it. It's very useful information, and helps people grasp one of the stickier concepts for new users of Livecode, especially pointing out that there are no namespaces, but that there are fixed scopes like global and local.

I had some experience with Foxpro which uses a scoping model almost identical to Livecode, so I didn't have any problem grasping it. New programmers could use the primer.

Bob