Setting up Mac LiveCode apps on an iPad ?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jul 7 13:15:45 EDT 2011

On 7/7/11 12:09 PM, Francis Nugent Dixon wrote:

> Are you saying that :
>
> I BUY an iPad (at least $500)
> I BUY a software which enables me to install iOS
> apps on MY iPad (at least $99)
>
> and then :
>
> I have to PAY 94 euros and change to Apple for the
> privilege of running MY OWN program on MY OWN
> iPad - EVERY F***ING YEAR ?
>
> Does this mean that Apple knows when I run apps
> on my iPad, and that I haven't coughed up my $99 ?
>
> Or can I just ignore this hilarious Apple rule ?

You can't install an app without a provisioning certificate, and you
can't get the certificate without being part of the developer program.

If you aren't determined to use an Apple product, you could buy an
Android device. They are cheaper, and you can install whatever you want
on those at no extra cost and without joining any program.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com