LiveCode.tv Event #30 Wrap-Up[

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Thu Jul 7 07:20:08 EDT 2011

Dear LiveCoders,

Last Saturday, 2 July, we had another nice on-line gathering of LiveCode fans. This time we had 2 cool presentations by Judy and Chipp. Additionally, we set a record as the event was attended by over 30 people! Yay!

Judy started the event with a beginners session. She discussed the creation and use of tab buttons and menu buttons. If you have just started using LiveCode, then this video is a must-see. (Unfortunately, I don't have the download links for Judy's stacks yet; I might add them to the blog later).

You can watch Judy's video here:
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/15757319

Chipp showed his new altButton droptool and InterfaceDesigner and talked about the MagicCarpet AutoUpdate Architecture. All attendants were allowed to download a complimentary copy of InterfaceDesigner. At http://qery.us/uh is also a free download of altButton available. Thanks Chipp!

You can find Chipp's presentation at
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/15758078

The European HyperCard User Group (eHUG, http://www.ehug.info) raffled off an e-book courtesy of TidBITS. The e-book was won by Steve. You can find more info on the TC series at http://www.takecontrolbooks.com.

We are still looking for someone to present this Saturday (9 July)!!! If you would like to participate in the event, now or later, please head over to http://qery.us/u0 for ideas and contact Mark or Björnke. At http://qery.us/du you can find a web form that makes it really easy to contact us.