how to ungroup a group of one

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Thu Jul 7 03:52:28 EDT 2011

Slava,

Chances are it is ungrouped, but just not displaying correctly in the
Application Browser. Try hitting the refresh button at the bottom of the
Application Browser tree and the App Browser will show again the current
group structure.

This bug is why I wrote the Group Manager plugin for LiveCode:
http://blog.chipp.com/update-to-group-manager-plugin-for-livecode/

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 1:35 AM, Slava Paperno <slava at lexiconbridge.com>wrote:

> I have somehow created a group that contains one object, a button. I think
> grouped two objects and then  deleted one of them or something. Anyway,
> this
> group that contains one button is indestructible. Clicking the Ungroup
> button when it is selected, or using the "ungroup group id X" command
> displays no errors, but the group is still there.
>
> To make it even funnier, that indestructible group is a member of another
> group:
>
> put the name of control 6 of group "navigation"
> --group "UnintendedGroupOfOne"
>
> select control 6 of group "navigation"
> ungroup the selectedObjects
> put the name of control 6 of group "navigation"
> --group "UnintendedGroupOfOne"
>
> This defies what the Dictionary says: "Use the ungroup command to change
> the
> constituents of a group, or to turn grouped controls into card controls."
>
> Any cure for that?
>
> Slava

Chipp Walters
CEO, Shafer Walters Group, Inc.