default textsize and textfont?

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Jul 6 01:18:36 EDT 2011

On 06/07/2011 02:50 PM, "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:

> On 7/5/11 7:58 PM, Terry Judd wrote:
>
>> OK - I think we're going around in circles. All I was trying to say was that
>> for me getting the effective textFont and textSize of a new stack returns
>> the appropriate values for the system font and size on OSX. Given that you
>> can't (easily) change the system font then you shouldn't need to do anything
>> to match your stack's font settings to the system settings on OSX.
>
> Right. Richard was explaining that the IDE sets that up for you, it
> isn't in the engine. On startup, the IDE sets the font and size of the
> Home stack to appropriate OS defaults. That's where font inheritance
> will come from when you get the "effective" font properties.
>
> If Home doesn't have a font set, then you get the engine default when
> you query the effective font properties. The engine defaults to
> Helvetica 14.
>
> THe upshoot is that the effective textfont in the IDE is the one that's
> been set up in Home on startup. But if you depend on that method in a
> standalone, you'll get Helvetica 14 every time. In a standalone the fix
> is to do the same setup for your stack that the IDE does for you when it
> starts up.

Really? I just created a new stack, dragged a field onto it, typed in some
text, saved it and created an OSX standalone - no fonts or sizes set
anywhere. When I launched the standalone the text displayed in Lucinda
Grande 11 point.

Terry...

--
Dr Terry Judd | Senior Lecturer in Medical Education
Medical Education Unit