object beneath mouseLoc?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 08:48:16 EDT 2011

On 07/04/2011 02:25 PM, Nicolas Cueto wrote:
>> I have a feeling that  on mouseLeave  works whether the mouse button
>> is up or down.
> About mouseLeave from the docs:
>
> "If the mouse button is down when the mouse pointer leaves the
> control, the mouseLeave message is not sent until the mouse button is
> released."

Blast!

Never mind, cheer up!

I just set up a stack consisting of one card and an image called "gl", and a
field called "POZ".

I put this into the card script:

on mouseMove
    if the mouseLoc is not within the rect of img "GL" then
       put "outwith" into field "POZ"
    else
       put "inwith" into field "POZ"
       end if
end mouseMove

and this works REGARDLESS as to whether the mouse button is DOWN or UP .
. .  :)