Anyone using MobGUI?

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon Jul 4 00:02:51 EDT 2011

On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 10:51 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>wrote:

> I agree we're a pretty good bunch. But I believe most or all the market
> vendors protect their scripts. Without that, it's too easy for someone to
> "lend" the script to someone else. I don't begrudge them a bit of
> protection, and it doesn't seem to have hurt sales.

Also, as I mentioned, I have no problems with folks protecting scripts which
are not inserted into my project code. For instance, Mark Schonewille makes
an installer which integrates in LC. I don't know if it's protected or not,
but it wouldn't bother me to use it unless it inserts scripts directly into
my stack which make it impossible for me to debug errors. I don't use it,
but I suspect his tool only at most sets some custom props, much like what
Jerry Daniels excellent development tools did.

Furthermore, with a framework like MobGUI, I suspect you just can't 'lend' a
script, but instead one would need the whole framework to make it all work.