Anyone using MobGUI?

John Craig john at splash21.com
Sun Jul 3 08:03:25 EDT 2011

Hi, Chipp.  I'm (unsurprisingly!) using the plugin.  I don't mean that
as a joke - I actually started writing it to save me time on my own iOS
projects.
Other coders had a similar interest / need (feedback after a demo on
LiveCode.TV) so it has now developed into it's current form.
It works on both Mac and PC - I've got my eye on an Android tablet, and
plan to try some android development as well.

The scripts are protected - if I can generate some revenue from the
plugin, then I can dedicate time to developing it further.
I don't have any problems using protected scripts in projects, but I can
see your point of view.

Then again, if I decided that using LiveCode was too hard to support
because I didn't have the source code, and started writing my own cross
platform development engine, things would take quite a bit longer ;)

The community is small at the moment, but I'm excited about how LiveCode
is progressing and the things that are in the pipeline.  I'm hoping that
the small community is replaced by a huge community.

There is a tab control on the way - I'm trying to build a full feature
set.  The plugin is still in it's early days, and by no means perfect.
I've still got a couple of support tickets to sort out just for buttons
- the feedback and bug reports have been excellent - really helping to
shape things to come.

Great presentation last night, BTW - I enjoyed it.  There are a couple
of techniques that I've discovered during the development of MobGUI that
I've thought "hey, that could be a good topic for LiveCode.TV", so
although it's not open source so far, there's nothing stopping me
sharing ideas and interesting bits and pieces with others!

HTH,

JC.