Upper/Lower case issue

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Sat Jul 2 01:27:39 EDT 2011

But they're not the same name - one is upper case and one is lower case.  LC
made a decision to treat them the same since casesensitive doesn't apply to
object names, but they are different by any other definition.

In summary, the names of the buttons are strings that define elements of
date formats.  For example, %m means zero suppressed month number and %M
means 2-digit month numbers with leading zero, %d means zero suppressed day
number, %D means 2 digit day number, etc.  This is a very common convention
for defining date strings as I'm sure you know.

I use the button labels to show a more meaningful description to the user
and then store the names of the labels in a preferences file.  That way, I
can pass the date definition string directly to my date formatting handler.
 Next time the card is opened, I need to get the settings from the prefs
file and set the appropriate buttons.

I'm sure there are other ways to do this - with custom properties for
example.  But I can't think of any practical downside to using the button
names, although I'm ready to hear any.

Pete