LiveCode development for Android - compatible controls

Mark Stuart mstuart at adaptcrm.com
Fri Jul 1 12:43:32 EDT 2011

Hi All,
I'm having a go at developing for the Android platform, and doing this
on WinXP, using LC v4.6.2.
I've gone thru the "Hello World" lesson on the runrev site - it worked
fine in the IDE and emulator.

Now as I continue the discovery period, I'm trying to find which
controls work on Android.
As in the lesson above the button and answer dialog work.

I've created a new stack with an option button and a scrolling field.
The idea is to load data into the field based on a selection from the
option button.

In the option button, I created a menuPick script and tested it on the
Android emulator. The script wouldn't fire.
I then changed to a mouseUp script in the button and that didn't fire
either.

The button script is simple:

on menuPick pSelection
  answer pSelection
end menuPick

I put the same script into a "on mouseUp" in the option button.

All this works in the IDE, but not on the Android emulator.

So my question is: how many are finding these stumble blocks and where
can I find more lessons/examples of how all this works.
Run Rev lessons are lacking in this area.

Regards,
Mark Stuart

BTW: check out http://www.basic4ppc.com
A very complete package for the Windows and Android development
environment.