on-rev upload limits and Amazon S3 as an alternative

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Sun Jan 30 09:20:39 EST 2011

In case anyone is interested I was able to get the HMACSHA1 handlers from
Mark Smith's Lib AWS to work on on-rev.   It was not working because I was
putting an incorrect S3path in.

I was using the command s3.authenticatedUrl(tObject, tExpiry) from libAWS.

I had been using the function makeobject(tBucket, tKey) from the libAWS
which returned '/thebucket/theobject' which I put into tObject.

When I just put  "thebucket/theobject" into tObject the S3.authenticatedUrl
functioned correctly created a time limited S3 URL.

Martin