O/S Statistics and a SERIOUS Steak Dinner

Calvin Waterbury cjw at eml.cc
Sat Jan 29 19:29:26 EST 2011

Hi David,

[Note:  I changed the subject so I would not hijack the thread any further.]

You are correct about the only way I will *know* about an O/S (or
anything) is to try it myself.  I appreciate your encouragement.
Unfortunately, there may be some confusion.

I have already tried some distros of Linux and possess an iPad.  Right
now I am very content with Win 7 64 (personal choice) for the present.
Being able to use LiveCode on any O/S I chose was the strongest drawing
card for me choosing LC as my development platform.

Perhaps some clarification will help...

This whole "statistics" thing is motivated by a *serious* steak dinner
wager that was planned in 2004, courtesy of either myself or my friend.
Back in '04 my friend and I entered into a wager about *where* which
O/S's would be by 12/31/2015.  Now, the loser of this wager gets to
treat the other to a *serious* steak dinner, i.e, the loser has to pay
all costs, except the tip(s).  When I say *serious*, I mean the winner
gets to choose the restaurant of his choice anywhere in the USA and the
loser gets to foot the bill for both round trip airfares, car rentals,
hotel, dinner, etc. It's all in fun, but I need to determine if my piggy
bank is going to start needing some attention soon!  ;)

The end result is I am looking for the *real* statistics (or as close as
I can I get).  What I really want to know is...

"How many servers/desktops/laptops/tablets/etc. are running how many
O/S's today?"

Hope this straightens everything out.  Like I said, this is all just for
fun... *serious* fun!  :)

Fair winds,
Calvin