An idea on multithreading implementation

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sat Jan 29 13:09:17 EST 2011

On Jan 29, 2011, at 9:53 AM, Geoff Canyon Rev <gcanyon+rev at gmail.com> wrote:

> based on your OpenGL comment, I
> think we're both agreed that for game-style graphics performance, neither
> coroutines nor threads will fix the problem -- what's needed (if indeed
> people want this) is a new graphics library, either as a plugin or directly
> in the engine.

+100

Have wanted this for years.  Even moving a single object around on a card can result in tearing (though after recently learning about the syncRate property, one might be able work around this to a degree).  But fast graphics processing would be a very welcome addition.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design