on-rev upload limits and Amazon S3 as an alternative

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Fri Jan 28 11:45:51 EST 2011

Hi David

I have those libraries.  They are on his on-rev site:

http://marksmith.on-rev.com/refstuff/index.html

I have tried using a few of the S3 functions from the AWS library in a stack
such as list buckets etc to try and learn how to use them but I am not sure
how I would include these in an on-rev site.   Could the different libraries
be put into irev files and used as includes?

I only need a sub set of the S3 functions.  I want to use browser based
uploads to S3 and creating timelimited authenticated URLS for the stored
movies. It seems that mainly I need a way to construct and sign the requests
with HMAC SHA1.

I am trying to figure out what commands from the libraries I would need to
put in an include irev file to give the necessary functionality.

Martin