On-rev Rename quotes work. Vars don't!

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Thu Jan 27 14:48:32 EST 2011

Hi Richard,

The addition of the "to" keyword surprisingly made even
what was working stop working!  The bug needs to be
fixed or the dictionary updated or both.

Tim's suggestion of building the entire statement, and
then executing it as a "do" command worked great!
Thanks Tim for the great work around!!!

Does anyone else want to figure this puzzle out?

Thanks for your help guys!

Rick

On Jan 27, 2011, at 1:59 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> On 1/27/11 10:56 AM, Rick Harrison wrote:
>> Hi again,
>>
>> The following works:
>>
>> rename "imac27.jpg" "imac2012.jpg"
>
> Curious that it works at all; the dictionary says it needs the "to" keyword between the files:
>
> rename "imac27.jpg" to "imac2012.jpg"
>
> I wonder if adding the "to" keyword will let your code work with vars....
>
> --
> Richard Gaskin

(snip)