usb driver problem

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu Jan 27 11:13:19 EST 2011

Tom-

> The question remains that this piece of code works in previous OS
> versions so what has changed in 10.6.6 and what needs changed in LC
> to read until EOF with out crashing. Or is that what you meant by
> That is Not a Good Thing? ;-)

Yeah, that's my take - it looks to me like LC isn't getting as far as
the read because it's crashing trying to allocate a buffer for
incoming chars. The last thing the engine executes is getbuffer(), and
then there's a crash in the libstdc library. My guess would be that
getbuffer() is being handed an invalid argument, but I'll leave it to
the rev team to figure this out.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net