usb driver problem

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Mon Jan 24 23:45:14 EST 2011

Well, I got tired of testing and waiting for a solution to LiveCode directly connecting, sending, and receiving serial data to/from the Arduino Uno and found an alternative method instead. In this stack I use an Applescript OSAX and control that from within LivceCode via Applescript. I hacked together a test stack and uploaded it to Rev Online : Applescript Arduino -- Thomas McGrath III. Complete with Sample Arduino IDE Sketches and Applescript Scripts and LiveCode Scripts and with a mini tutorial on how to put it all together.

Although this solution works, it is not optimal since it is a Macintosh only solution and is not the preferred way to do this. It adds a level of complexity where one should not be needed. We still need to be able to connect to a serial port/modem from within LiveCode beyond the old FTDI Virtual Serial Port methods.

Download and Enjoy,

-- Tom McGrath III
http://lazyriver.on-rev.com
3mcgrath at comcast.net