Feature support by deployment type - the state of the art?

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at clarkeandclarke.co.uk
Mon Jan 24 11:12:16 EST 2011

David,
I concur with everything you're suggesting. I deliberately put 'database' in quotes as it's the relational data concept, rather than the specific technology for persistence that I had in mind.

Sorry but I can't help too much with any database issues - or any other technical areas really - my interest is at a more functional than technical level. I asked the original question as I'd like to add to my toolkit of high-level LiveCode components that I buy, apply and integrate, rather than have to code from scratch.

Of course, the use of these high-level components would bring added complexity around the combinations and permutations of functional blocks that might create forking/branching of documentation - and not just at the feature/function level, as (for example) ChartMaker and ChartEngine would doubtless have different internals and 'API' to perform similar functions, as would Data Tree vs. rTree and similar variations on a theme.
Best,
Keith..