use-livecode Digest, Vol 88, Issue 55

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 12:14:17 EST 2011

On 01/23/2011 07:09 PM, David Bovill wrote:
> Not just your wife :)
>
> On 23 January 2011 16:32, Roger Guay<irog at mac.com>  wrote:
>
>> As to size, I felt that the bigger problem for something like this was to
>> keep the byte size down, what with all of the images needed for it. Hence,
>> the images were kept to a minimum size, which led to the size of the
>> TimeScope etc.  My wife, wants me to convert this to an iPad app, but I
>> haven't gotten very far with that whole arena . . . yet.

Wives, byte sizes, conversion . . . almost as inflammatory words as
'cheese' . . .  :)

I do feel that, with the advent of computers with bucketloads of RAM and
socking-great hard disks the virtue of trying to keep ones files small has
got lost.

With the advent of a new generation of micro-computer (phones, mp4
players, and so on),
that virtue may not be seen as quite as redundant as people have been
thinking recently.