Feature support by deployment type - the state of the art?

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at clarkeandclarke.co.uk
Sun Jan 23 07:56:31 EST 2011

Hi Folks,
Is there a high-level feature comparison table or summary somewhere that identifies what current high-level features are supported - or more importantly not supported - across the various deployment options?

I've been learning LiveCode basics on the Mac and I'm especially interested in what restrictions I need to place on my palette before starting to play with Revlets. I've started to search the archives to identify filter options, but with the current pace of feature development we enjoy, it's difficult to establish the current state of the art. So, I wonder, has the Mothership or any of the community's cognoscenti instigated such a resource already?

Yesterday's Live LiveCode Code event sessions touched on documentation and wiki possibilities. Whilst a key focus here will be on improving the 'What?' and the 'How?' of using LiveCode's functions, could there be room for these issue of Where/When/Whether to use functions, controls, externals, third party components, etc., by deployment type?
Best,
Keith..