revFontLoad Question

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sat Jan 22 19:35:46 EST 2011

Hi Marty,

Mac OS X 10.5 and later might detect the usage of your font, before your script gets a chance to load that font. If that happens, the user will see a system dialog window, asking whether to allow your application to use that font. This  might also happen, if your application writes the font from a custom property to the temporary folder and subsequently crashes.

The best approach is to install the font properly and to include a copyright statement and license conditions specific to the font in the license conditions of your application. (I can't resist the opportunity to say that the Installer Maker Plugin includes a feature to install fonts).

If you really don't want to do that, you might try to use the splash stack approach and write the font to disk and load it into memory before opening any stacks that use the font.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com