revFontLoad Question

Marty Knapp martyknapp at comcast.net
Sat Jan 22 17:22:26 EST 2011

Thanks Stephen,

Yes, I have written permission to distribute the font. I was wondering
more about the advisability of accessing it inside the app bundle as
opposed to writing it out to another location and loading it from there.

In its current form, my app installs the font into the Fonts folder on
first launch (informing the user) but as I'm hoping to get this into the
Mac app store, I'm guessing that this is not acceptable. I have
contacted Apple about installing the font, got re-routed 3 times and now
have not heard anything. So I think the revFontLoad is the way to go.
I'm just not sure about where the font file should be placed. In the
bundle is the easiest, but maybe there's a reason you're not supposed to
do that?

Marty