iOS Splash Image

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Sat Jan 22 11:22:13 EST 2011

I have a iPad application and I created the splash image ("myApp-Portrait.png") as directed by the iOS Release Notes and selected it in the application settings window.  It works fine.  However, if I launch the app in landscape, it wasn't correct.  So, I created a second image, "myApp-Landscape.png", and placed it in the same location as the portrait version (there is no place to select it in the application settings window and the release notes do not indicate where to put it - but placing it in the same directory seemed logical).  When I run the app with the iPad in landscape, the correct image does appear.  However, after a moment the portrait splash appeared.  Then the app ran normally.  Note that if I launch the app with the iPad in portrait mode, all is still correct.

Am I doing something wrong?  Or is there a problem with having multiple versions of the splash image?

-Dan