DragDrop and the DragDestination

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 17:40:17 EST 2011

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 10:31 PM, Bob Sneidar <bobs at twft.com> wrote:
> Okay hate to say it but it looks like Remo is throwing runtime errors that it ought not be throwing. If I quit Remo and restart LiveCode with PowerDebug instead everything seems to work fine.
>
> However this may have been some kind of aberration that righted itself and Remo is not to blame at all, I dunno.

Oh, I understand now why I could not reproduce this. I'm not using
Remo. I was on the issue, so thanks for the update.

You're right,

The

send "dgDragMove pMouseH, pMouseV" to sDataGridA[the dgControl of the target]

is indeed located in the "Track Drag & Drop" parent script of the
datagrid engine.

After more test, I'm not fully satisfy by the idea implements in the experiment:
using the dgTrackDragReorder property in the destination datagrid for
scrolling the dg during the dragMove, and replacing a
value in a column by using the DragReorderDrop event of the datagrid messages.

Copying a value in the right line is not accurate and the dragaction
is broken after a drop outside a droppable area.

Another way could consist to use the dgVScroll property for scrolling
the datagrid.

Will rework this experiment later.

Best regards,
--