The best way to embed a lot of pictures in an ios application

Jeff Massung massung at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 13:48:47 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 11:37 AM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com
> wrote:

> Scott Rossi wrote:
>
>  Recently, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>>
>>  the on-device shop limits the size of apps available trough it. the
>>>>

>>> Is this noted on the AT&T site?
>>>
>>> I need a URL to an authoritative source so I can discuss the
>>> implications with my client.
>>>

>> I've come across this in the games arena as well.  I don't have a source
>> for
>> you, but I've heard the same thing -- 20MB limit on cell downloads.
>>

> I'll poke around and see what I can find.  I just can't go to my client
> with "I heard on the Internet that..."  ;)
>
> If anyone here can turn up an authoritative link I'd be much obliged.

While I understand what you'd like, you can just prove it to your client.
Don't be connected to a Wi-Fi network, startup up the AppStore, and try and
purchase a large app (or update one). I believe you can find one on iTunes -
I think it states the size of the app. Just find one > 20 MB in size.

This limitation isn't explicitly in writing, I believe, because it changes.
A year ago (or less) it was limited to 10 MB. Once Verizon starts pumping
out iPhones I'm sure the size will increase because it'll be a selling point
on both sides.

Jeff M.