usb driver problem

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Tue Jan 18 21:19:43 EST 2011

I installed the FTDIUSBSerial drive and nothing changes.

I can see the /dev/cu.usbmodem1a21 in :
Arduino IDE
Terminal
Cornflake
Processing

But not in Livecode :
SerialTest
MakeBoard
Communicator
MyOwnTestStack

The Arduino Uno has a serial to usb chip on it so it doesn't use the FTDIUSBSerial driver. That has to be the problem. Maybe it is seen as a usb too soon by the computer and as such LC only sees a USB port and no serial port.

OK, if that's the case then what about shell commands? ANyone know of some simple shell commands to read the serial data that I am sending from the Arduino Uno????

That would help me test this out.
Thanks

-- Tom McGrath III
http://lazyriver.on-rev.com