Cursor lock

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Jan 18 15:47:48 EST 2011

On 1/18/11 12:52 PM, Richmond wrote:
> On 01/18/2011 08:31 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>> Is anyone else having trouble with the cursor not updating, or
>> sometimes locking, in version 4.5.3? I'm noticing it particularly in
>> the script editor, where the cursor doesn't change when you mouse over
>> different panes or outside the window.
>>
>> I'm also noticing that sometimes clicking on a window doesn't activate
>> it. The message box doesn't update to show the stack name and the
>> window titlebar remains disabled.
>>
>> Just trying to figure out if it's me with a stray "lock messages"
>> command somewhere, or if I can blame it on someone else.
>>
>> OS X Snow Leopard.
>>

> Down in the undergrowth [i.e. RR 4.0 on a PPC macMini running Tiger] the
> cursor suddenly
> turns into what I like to call "the Clariswork clock", or, more
> accurately " the Mac OS 7 clock"
> and gets stuck like that.

If you mean the rainbow beachball, that's a different thing. Judging
from the lack of response, it must be something in my setup. All I can
think of is a stray "lock messages" command, but those are supposed to
reset at the end of pending handlers and that isn't happening. But if
the problem were widespread I guess there'd be all kinds of reports
about it. It's incredibly irritating.

And here I was hoping it wasn't my fault.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com