usb driver problem

Claudi Cornaz claudi.c at fiberworld.nl
Tue Jan 18 05:06:30 EST 2011

Hi Thomas,

I just ordered a arduino yesterday and hope to have it tommorow.
I sure hope this can be solved. (Well I am very positive about that, one way or another, that's why I ordered one anyway)

I have been looking on the web. I guess you did this already but just in case, here are some links
http://www.patokeefe.com/archives/316
http://ricardo-dias.com/node/130
http://code.google.com/p/xcode-arduino-serial-communication/

and in the livecode forum there is a thread about the arduino and apparently mmiele got it working :

by mmiele » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:25 am

I used MacOS Tiger and then Leopard.

What you need is:

1 - download and install from the Arduino site (http://www.arduino.cc) the Arduino SDK.

2 - download and install from the Arduino site or the FTDI site (http://www.ftdichip.com) the driver to see the Arduino USB as a serial port.

3 - connect the arduino board to an USB port of your Mac.

You will see is a new entry in the list of serial devices.
You can get the list reading the "driverNames" property: ex.

put the driverNames into field "serialPorts".

You can get a useful stack to test serial communication at

http://www.troz.net/Rev/tutorials.php

The stack is SerialTest.rev
mmiele

Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:25 pm
Location: Naples, Italy

this is from: http://forums.runrev.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2419

I hope you can get it working quickly and otherwise I will join your efford as soon as my arduino arrives.

Best wishes,
   Claudi