secure FTP to on-rev server best practice

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Mon Jan 17 13:53:55 EST 2011

I have been trying to use SFTP to connect to the on-rev.com server when I am
uploading and managing files for a site hosted on on-rev.  I have not been
able to connect via SFTP.  I have tried with Interarchy and Cyberduck.   I
get a connection refused message.

With Cyberduck I can connect with FTP-SSL (Explicit AUTH TLS)
-this shows a lock icon in the GUI
With Interarchy I can set FTP uses SSL (AUTH TLS) : required in the security
preferences
-there is no visible indication in the GUI that there is a secure connection

Is FTP using SSL equivalent to using SFTP?
Is there something I need to set in cPanel to make a SFTP connection, ie.
set up or configure and account for SFTP connections.

Martin