Codesign Error (Mac)

Marty Knapp martyknapp at comcast.net
Fri Jan 14 19:03:28 EST 2011

Well I've finally worked some things out, so thought I'd share them here
to possibly spare someone else a trip to the Hair Loss Clinic.

My code signing issue had to do with my certificates. I went into
Keychain and on my certificates from Apple I changed the "Trust" setting
to "Use System Defaults." Thanks to Obleo Beck for helping me track this
down.

BTW Obleo has just uploaded to Rev Online a new version of his Signing
Assistant, which was sited in his recent Rev Newsletter article,
"LiveCode Apps for Mac Store." It's now in stack form - check it out,
it's a very handy utility. Much faster and much easier than a trip to
the Terminal. It will sign your app, create the pkg file and sign it.
It's the kind of app that Apple should provide for this.

In the "Certificate Name" field be sure to enter just the last part of
the certificate name, not the whole "3rd Party Developer Application: "
part.

I hope that helps someone out there.

Marty "My head sure is cold" Knapp