Required: shell scripting wizard!

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 09:21:42 EST 2011

>From the command line if you do yourApp http://www.google.com

$1 will contain the url.  Works the same from a bash script.

#!/bin/bash
path/to/yourApp $1
-- will call your app using parameter 1 as parameter 1 inside the app.
-- Access it the same way within the app itself using $1

$1 is actually the 2nd parameter, $0 will contain the name of the app (or
shell script depending)